Tuesday 22 June 2010

Cinch v's Bind it all!!

Have had a chance now to play with the cinch. Here are a few things I have discovered. The cinch is easier for punching, and the hooks on the side for the bindings is great as you can lay them on as you go. You know exactly how to put the pages on then the covers to make sure the join is inside the back page. The Bind it all is better for squeezing the wires together as you don't have to look when you do it, it is sized correctly and gives the exact pressure to make a proper closure. The cinch you have to be careful not to press down too far or else it squashes the wire out of shape. I think I will keep my BIA for the wire squeezing part and use the cinch for the cutting and layering.
I am hooked, I have made about 6 notebooks now....
I was looking at the Zutter Dreamkuts today but will have to decide whether it's worth getting it for precise multiple cutting instead of cutting all the pages by hand. It only cuts up to 200gsm weight. I love my gadgets can you tell........

No comments: