Sunday 8 April 2012

Jewellery kits disappointing...........

Selection of pieces
I have had a renewed interest in jewellery making since buying beads from the SECC and Beader's Companion BOGOF deal this week.  I bought miracle beads from the SECC and made a couple of elastic bracelets.  With the odd bead that was left I made another wired bracelet.

I don't usually buy kits and the kits I bought from Beader's Companion were very disappointing as all but one kit had enough beads to complete the set.



Ring and hook different sizes
The purple drop pendant had 60 beads short and I was unable to make the matching bracelet.  I checked the other 2 packs I had bought and discovered that the same purple pack was also short of 60 beads and the same pack in blue was short 100 beads.  The turquoise round pendant set seen in picture didn't have enough beads to do the earrings.

 The clasps were awful too.  The connecting link was too small to fit on the ring and would only fit on the movable part which was hit or miss when putting it on, the bracelet could not be linked at all as you couldn't hook it onto anything.  Although jump rings were supplied there was nothing in the instructions to say to add them.  Therefore if I change the clasps for better ones I will have to restring all the items.  I will have to purchase more wire.

Sits between not on ring
The only set that was complete was the purple chain set which turned out well even though I don't like making loops.
I have emailed them but of course with the Easter holiday weekend they won't get it until Tuesday!!

I would like to have a try at shamballa bracelets, I bought the cord but need to get some beads.  I have looked up you tube to find video tutorials on this, so will have a go soon.

My friend Lilian and I are going to the Edinburgh craft show on 21st April so hopefully we will pick up some shamballa beads there.

1 comment:

lililindsay said...

You have been busy! Hopefully Beaders Companion will correct their mistake quickly.
The miracle beads do stand out from the photos. Need to stock up?