Saturday 25 December 2010

Christmas Dinner disaster!!!

I decided to buy a boneless turkey joint instead of a crown this year. I bought it quite early on in case I had a job nearer the time getting one and put it in the freezer. It was just a small piece 1.33kg. I took it out and put it in the fridge to defrost through the night. When I took it out this morning it was still as frozen in the fridge as it had been when it went in. I have had it in the lounge near the radiator most of the day and it is only defrosted on the outside. Will give it another wee while and we may eventually after the 100 mins cooking time get our Christmas Dinner!!!
We have just had our soup to keep us going for now.
I never use frozen chicken or turkey always buy fresh. Will know next year to wait until nearer the day to purchase it.
Hope you all enjoyed yours!!

No comments: