Sunday 8 July 2012

Disappointed with new BT Broadband

I changed to BT Broadband on 15th June. I received an email on Friday to say that I had gone over my 40gb allocation for June and had used 30gb of my July allocation, if I go over they will charge £5 for every 5gb. I couldn't believe that we could have use nearly 2 month allocation in 3 weeks.
I called them and they said it was correct. I have now had to upgrade to unlimited allowance at an extra cost.
I told them that when I was with o2 I only paid £7.50 then £14.50 per month and had never been told I was over any allocation using my broadband. They sounded quite surprised.
I left o2 because I got my broadband for £7.50 as I was an o2 customer. I cancelled my own phone contract in January and moved to another provider. I got an email saying my broadband would rise to £14.50 unless I entered another mobile number from my account. My husband and son both have o2 phones which are in my name so I entered one of their numbers. This didn't seem to make any difference and the payments went up to £14.50 anyway. That's when I decided to change.
I am now paying £26 (less £9.50 discount for 12 months)to BT, the most I have ever paid for broadband. I will see after the 18 month contract is up if I stay with them or move to someone else. It's the inconvenience of changing all the email contacts over and making sure you don't miss any out that puts me off.

No comments: