Friday 20 July 2012

Frustrating beads!!!!



I saw these beads in The Bead Shop in Covent Garden and decided to make a bracelet for myself and for Mairi as a present for letting us house sit for her.  As I had no jewellery making tools with me I bought some elastic and clear nail polish.  I thought this was going to be a 2 minute job but no no....The decorated beads seemed to have a shelf in the middle of them and the elastic wouldn't go through.  I had a darning needle and had a job to get that through.
I went back to the shop and they said I would have to hold them up to the light so I could see straight through the hole.  I tried this and after some trial and error managed to get the elastic through.  Even if I had my tools I don't think I would have got the elastic through any easier.  I am very pleased with the finished result.

No comments: