Sunday 4 July 2010

Hello Kitty Easel Card - Cricut weld feature

I saw a video on youtube showing how to use design studio or your gypsy to make an easel card using the welding feature. I can only do this with the Hello Kitty font cart as the Greetings cart shadow feature appears far too big for the image. You can shrink it down but it doesn't give an even border all the way round. I will have to try and cut direct to the cricut and see if it is a design studio error or a cart error. The images on the cart box and book have the correct borders on them. To make the easel element I had to weld two shadow images together rotating and flipping the top one. I then overlapped them slightly and welded them. Then I was able to cut everything else out normally. I used white card for the easel itself and the mount which I covered with decorative papers. You fold the welded image in half and then the top one in half again to give you your easel effect. Hope you like. This will be sent in for my RAK card this month which is to make a card using a cute character. Think this is so cute!!!!!!!
Here is a screen shot of the problem shadow feature in hello kitty greetings in design studio and gypsy. As you can see miles bigger.


No comments: