Sunday 4 July 2010

Popcorn bear card using spotlighting technique

Thought I'd try the spotlighting technique using my Popcorn bear stamps. Not really used these stamps much. I stamped two images the same, then decided which part of the design I wanted to use as the spotlight and cut it out with a circle punch. I then coloured it in with my promarkers. The background is an insert from the Popcorn floral disk which I altered in my graphics programme to get the colour I wanted. I slit the corners of the inner frame and slotted the edges of the main image into them. I used my cut and dry foam to give a wash of colour to the black and white image. This technique could be done in reverse with the main image in colour and the spotlight in black and white. I attached the spotlight with foam pads for dimension. You can put it on flat if you wish.

1 comment:

lililindsay said...

This is a very clever card Susy. Like it so much I will pinch one or two of your ideas, if that is ok with you!