Monday 6 June 2011

Minor op today!

This afternoon I went to the hospital and had a tiny mole on the back of my knee removed. I was on my back on the table when I first went into the theatre. The surgeon then asked me to lie on my stomach as it would be easier to reach the mole. As I turned over I noticed a huge TV screen right in front of me showing my leg. I decided I wasn't going to look!! I didn't want to see what they were doing. Instead a student nurse chatted to me as the procedure took place. I have a couple of stitches I think which have to come out in 10 days. I am just waiting for the anaesthetic to wear off and the pain to kick in. I have the pain killers ready. I have to take it easy over the next few day with no lifting, because of where it is. They didn't mention driving but may just take the bus or get a lift from a colleague.

1 comment:

lililindsay said...

I wouldn't have looked either. Remember a year ago- you were the walking wounded then too. Hope you're back to normal soon. Thank goodness that the operation wasn't scheduled for mid July!!